a) Official Announcement – September 28, 2020
b) Open Call and Registration – From September 28, 2020 to February 28, 2021. Registration has no cost.
All teams must register at the website of TIC Americas: www.ticamericas.net, or Eco-Challenge www.ticamericas.net/eco-challenge to be eligible to compete in TIC Americas. YABT can announce at any time new categories and special awards, with instructions for registration.
The participating team that has already submitted their Business Project, has the option to make changes until February 28, 2021. Documents cannot be altered or amended after that date.
All information about TIC Americas will be sent to the email address provided in the registration. Teams are responsible for ensuring that the email is functional and that the content is read on a regular basis.
The delivery of the Business Project must follow the template provided by YABT according to the appropriate category of award.
c) Business/ Project Plan Submission Deadline – by February 28, 2021
The Business Project, as well as the other documents to be submitted, are mandatory in order to complete the registration. Also, they must be submitted prior to advancing to the next stage of the competition.
The Business Project for all categories of TIC Americas must respond to the questions/challenges presented for each category that the Team wishes to apply.
The Business Project can be delivered through the online platform, in Spanish, English, French, or Portuguese.
d) BOOTCamp – Open permanently
All registered participants will have the opportunity to access the BOOTCamp upon registration in the competition. The earlier they register, the more mentoring opportunities they will have.
Participating teams can also participate in Business Labs workshops and other face-to-face training that are available on the YABT calendar.
e) Semifinals Evaluation – March - April, 2021
International judges identified by YABT and PepsiCo will evaluate all registered teams that successfully fulfill the requirements and deliverables requested in the TIC Americas rules. In order to strengthen their business development and continuous growth, all evaluated teams will receive a report with feedback and recommendations provided by the international judges.
f) Finalists Announcement – May 3, 2021
g) Finals – June, 2021
Teams qualifying for the Virtual Finals may present updated copies of the executive summaries for their Business Projects in English, Spanish, French or Portuguese.
1. Official Launch – October 26, 2020.
2. Registration Period and BOOT Camp – Through February 28, 2021.
Teams create a Team Profile on the Website and participate in online training sessions through Business Opportunity Online Training Camp (BOOT Camp). Boot Camp helps participants transform innovative ideas into more solid, structured projects, business plans and social enterprises. The BOOT Camp is a one-stop resource center for young entrepreneurs to access business development content, tips, tools, online training, and other relevant material for developing youth-led projects, start-ups and businesses.
3. Competition Materials Submission Deadline – February 28, 2021.
Teams may submit or make changes to Competition Materials and their Team Profile until the deadline.
4. Announcement of Finalist Teams – May 3, 2021.
Due to the high number of participants, YABT and its partners will announce the Finalist Teams through the Website. Only Finalist Teams will be contacted directly via email.
In preparation for the Finals, Finalists receive the following technical assistance:
- Assessment Report - YABT compiles feedback and scoring that the teams received from the Judges during the Semi-Finals phase. This resulting report helps teams understand the areas that need work and improvement.
- One-on-One Mentoring - Each finalist team will be assigned up to two mentors to improve the business strategy in preparation for the Finals, and in the follow-up stage. Mentors come from well-known multinational companies, universities, incubators, etc. who allocate time and resources to support Finalists improve their projects.
- On-line webinars - a series of webinars are organized, tailored for Finalists and focused on the evaluation components of the Finals.
- Meet the Finalists Campaign - YABT holds an hemispheric social media campaign to provide wide visibility and potential partnerships to Finalists, including live, webcasted interviews, presentations, etc.
5. Finals and Announcement of Winners – June, 2021.
YABT will announce the Winners during the second day of the event. In addition, the event will include publicly available, online sessions and content such as:
Demo Day and Finalist Webpages: Finalists will showcase their products and services publicly during online sessions and via a webpage on the Website.
Sessions on Innovation, Inclusivity, and Community-led Development: International experts and high-level speakers are invited to participate in the Finals and share content in the following formats: Panels and Conferences.