X - Timeline
a) Open call and registrations: From September 01, 2018 to February 28, 2019.
- Registrations has no cost.
- All teams must register at the website of TIC Americas or Eco-Challenge: http://www.ticamericas.net and/or http://ticamericas.net/eco-reto/ to be eligible to compete in TIC Americas.
- The participating team that has already submitted their Project / Business Plan has the option to make changes to its Plan / Project until February 28, 2019, 5:00 PM (Washington DC time). Documents cannot be altered or amended after that date.
- All information about TIC Americas will be sent to the email address provided in the registration. Teams are responsible for ensuring that the email is functional and that the content is read on a regular basis.
- The delivery of the business/ project plan must follow the template provided by YABT according to the appropriate category of award.
b) Business/ Project Plan Submission Deadline by February 28, 2019.
- Teams must present a Business Project/Plan depending on the category in which they participate with their idea / business project.
- The Business Project/Plan as well as the other documents to be submitted are mandatory in order to complete the registration. Also, they must be submitted prior to advancing to the next stage of the competition.
- The Business Project/Plan for all categories of TIC Americas must respond to the questions/challenges presented for each category that the Team wishes to apply.
- The Business Project/Plan can be delivered through the online platform, in Spanish, English, French or Portuguese.
c) BOOT Camp: Open permanently
- All registered participants will have the opportunity to access the BOOT Camp, recorded and live sessions, upon registering in the Competition. The earlier they register, the more on-line mentoring opportunities they will have.
- The team can also apply to paticipate in a YABT’s Business Labs: face to face sessions and training scheduled with incubators, NexLinks Centers, research centers or private sector institutions, including PepsiCo employees.
d) Semi-finals Evaluation: March 2019
- International judges identified by YABT and sponsors will evaluate all registered teams that completed the TIC Americas process. All finalists teams will receive feedback.
e) Announcement of Finalists: May 1, 2019
- A YABT representative will get in contact with the resulting finalists teams to guide them on their preparation towards the finals.
f) Finals – June, 2019
Teams qualifying for the finals may present copies of their executive summaries of the Business/Project Plan in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese.