About TIC Americas
The Talent and Innovation Competitions of the Americas (TIC Americas) organized by the Young Americas Business Trust (YABT) is a business accelerator platform for young entrepreneurs to foster their business ideas and start-ups. TIC Americas provides guidance, training, mentoring, seed capital, investment and a wide international network.
Regardless of the level of the solution and business model, this program is tailored to help entrepreneurs in their journey to growth. Every year top innovative business solutions are identified trained and coached to foster more sustainable and inclusive development in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Since 2007, more than 51,429 young entrepreneurs from 48 countries have participated in TIC Americas, registering a total of 35,393 business proposals.
1) Eco-Challenge 2022
Who This Program Is For
TIC Americas is open to all the youth between 18 and 34 years old.
Why TIC Americas is Different
- International visibility
- Training and access to useful tools
- International mentors
- Access to private investors
- Participation in other international competitions
- Services and activities to follow up
- Finals take place within the framework of activites of the General Assembly of the OAS and the Summit of the Americas
How does it work?
The TIC Americas has three phases:
1) Business Training and Mentoring
As part of the program, all registered participants will have access to online and onsite training opportunities. The online training opportunities are available on the Business Opportunity Online Training Camp (BOOT Camp) upon registration in the competition. This virtual tool is designed to help students and young entrepreneurs to apply key business skills that will allow them to create and grow their businesses to successfully excel in today’s global challenges.
After a successful completion of the application process according to the terms and conditions established by this competition, all registered teams enter an online evaluation phase where an international panel of judges will evaluate the teams according to the evaluation criteria established by the competition.
3) FinalsFor this edition, the Finals will be presented in a Virtual Format, where the Finalists and the international judging committee will interact with each other via an online platform - developed by YABT. Both the Finalists and the judges will be trained in the usage of the platform before the Finals. The structure of the presentation by the Finalists will maintain its original structure.
The Finalists will also have the opportunity to showcase their products and services with an online approach, by each having their own Landing Page, and providing key content about their projects to showcase to all the participants attending the online Finals activities.
The Finals is presented in a Virtual Format this year due to the commitment of strictly following the protective and security measures recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), due to the international public health emergency situation caused by the COVID-19.
Once all Tic Americas participants have finalized the process, they join one of the most important networks in Latin America and the Caribbean, where entrepreneurs have access to new training opportunities, access to new markets, investors and are also invited to participate in conferences and international competitions.