CIC & TIC Americas 2017 Winners!
Cancun, Mexico, June 19, 2017 ⎯ The awards ceremony of the XII Edition of the Talent and Innovation Competition of the Americas (TIC Americas) was held within the framework of the 47th General Assembly of the Organization of American States (OAS). The 10 winners were awarded by the competition’s partners: PepsiCo, cbc, the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank and BanReservas.
30 teams selected from 17 Latin American and Caribbean countries from a total of almost 3,500 applications participated in the 2017 TIC Americas finals. The winners are:
MediPrint - Mexico
Clevot – México
Xoxoc Cultivo Urbano – México
Fundación Eco-Inclusión – Argentina
Ciclo – Colombia
Sistema de bombeo eólico de bajo costo - Nicaragua
TIC Dominican Republic:
VirtuRocks – Dominican Republic
Caribbean Innovation Competition:
Parental Driving Monitor – Trinidad and Tobago
Trinipedia – Trinidad and Tobago
The TIC Americas closing ceremony representatives included:
- H.E. Jacinth Henry Martin, Coordinator, Coordinating Office for the Offices and Units of the General Secretariat in Member States, Organization of American States.
- H.E. Yanerit Morgan Sotomayor, General Director of Regional Organisms and Mechanisms, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico.
- Gabriela de la Garza, Sr. Director, LAB Corporate Affairs, Citizenship and Sustainability, PepsiCo Latin America.
- Valerie Lorena, Executive Director, Young Americas Business Trust.
- Jorge Familiar, Vicepresident for Latin America and the Caribbean, World Bank.
TIC Americas is an international entrepreneurship and business accelerator platform for young entrepreneurs and startups led by the Young Americas Business Trust (YABT). YABT is an international nonprofit organization, founded in 1999, with a private sector initiative that promotes the social and economic development of young people around the world. YABT works in cooperation with the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (OAS) promoting opportunities for young people and facilitating spaces and tools for the eradication of poverty and the improvement of the living conditions of young people in the Western Hemisphere.